Laketown Distance Festival ( 10 Mile, 10K , 5K )
When: Saturday, January 4, 2020
Where: Kenner lakefront – Event site is located on Lake Pontchartrain at the end of Williams Blvd., just west of the Kenner Boat Launch and the Treasure Chest Casino.
The Kenner – Lakefront jogging pathway offers an excellent location for multi distance run/walk events.
7:00 am – Race day packet pickup and Race day registration opens at
8:00 am – Start of all run/walk events ( * 7:30 am – Early start in 10 miler for race walkers )
* CHIP TIMED races, please wear race number bib on front only.
The Laketown 10 Mile, 10K and 5K distance events offer excellent and economic training opportunities in a quality race environment great for the many upcoming late 2018 and early 2019 Marathon & Half-Marathons that take place in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Jackson, Mobile, Mississippi Gulf Coast, Memphis and beyond. — ALL OVER THE WORLD… !
Proceeds benefit the Rotary Club of Kenner’s community service projects.
Recent and ongoing projects include:
*School supplies donated to local school ( pallet of copy paper, ten Chromebook computers )
*City of Kenner and Lake Pontchartrain community cleanup days
*Cooking and serving guests at the Ronald McDonald house
*Hands on by way of assisting elderly with yard cleanup and house minor repair and painting to avoid citation, donation and installation of kitchen appliances.
*Holiday time food baskets for local residents in need
* There is an additional donation section in the registration process to further benefit the Rotary Club’s ongoing projects
* Pancake breakfast hosted by the Rotary Club of Kenner
* USATF-RRTC accurate certified 10 Mile course , aid stations on course. Nice lakefront jogging path ( all paved )
* Custom Medallion presented to finishers of all three race distances
* Overall division and age groups awards in each race distance
* T-Shirts ( Short sleeve for general entry or Long sleeve tech fabric UPGRADE option available )
More details below in T-shirt – Swag info .
NOTE: T-shirt upgrade option ( LONG SLEEVE TECH SHIRT ) includes only the upgraded type shirt, not both general entry and upgraded t-shirt.
* Plenty of parking nearby at Lakefront Parking lots by the race site and on other side of the levee next to the Pontchartrain Center.
* Reasonable for middle to long distance races (compare to other distance race fees upwards of $50.00 to over $100.00)
10 Mile: $35.00 by Sept 30th, $40.00 by Nov. 30th , $45.00 by December 30th, $50.00 Day of race
10K & 5K: $25.00 by Sept 30th, $30.00 by Dec 30th, $35.00 Day of Race
Youth ( Age 17-under ) or Senior ( Age 65- Over )
10 Mile Race: $30.00 by Dec 30th , $35.00 on day of race
5K or 10K Race: $25.00 by Dec 30th , $30.00 on day of race
* Proof of age required at packet / race number bib pickup.
T-Shirt UPGRADE: Tech fabric Long sleeve shirt ( $5.00 upgrade fee ) -a retail $30.00 plus shirt * Deadline for shirt upgrade is December 1st. Upgrade option includes only the upgraded type t-shirt, not both the general registration t-shirt and the upgraded tech t-shirt.
Packet Pickup info: PRE-RACE DAY – Thursday, January 2nd ( 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm ) Hosted by Ochsner Fitness Center – Kenner, 200 West Esplanade Avenue, Suite #112, Kenner, La. 70065 ( setup just outside Fitness Center in Hallway Foyer. Registration in person will be available at pre-race day packet pickup
or Packet pickup available on the day of race ( Saturday, Jan 4th at the race site ( Kenner lakefront ) opens at 7:00 am
Registration available on day of race opening at 7:00 am at race site.
Awards: Custom medallions to finishers in all three distances
5K: 1st overall and 1st, 2nd place age groups: 14-under, 15-24, 25-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-over
10K: 1st overall and 1st, 2nd place age groups: 19-under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-over
10 Mile: 1st overall and 1st, 2nd place age groups: 19-under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 ,70-over
Race Walkers: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall in the 5K, 10K , 10 Mile
Course ( s ) Out and back on the Lake Pontchartrain lakefront paved jogging pathway. Numerous aide stations on course with Kentwood Water, Powerade, port-o-let placed nearby ) well marked, accurate and maintained course.
Event Safety and Quality control policy details:
* NORSI / NOLArunning.com strongly suggests to NOT use any headphones, ear gear or similar devices that limit ones ability to hear important event instructions.
* Please be respectful of other runners/walkers on the course. This event course is on a jogging pathway that is narrow ( about 9 feet wide ) keep to right side on way out and back. Please use trash cans located nearby each course water station. If discarding clothing on course , please place at one of the water stations. There will be a lead bike for each distance, no ear gear to be able to hear instructions from bike rider regarding oncoming lead runners ( Keep to the Right.. !! )
* An EMS unit will be stationed at the race site and Levee district police officers will be on course during the event. Should you need medical attention or see another participant that needs medical attention please wave down the nearest levee board officer or a volunteer at each water station to relay details to the race site EMS unit.
* Due to the course ( narrow ) it is recommended that no pets be permitted. If you must have a pet with you please have very short leash and please be respectful of others on course.
Post race refreshments: Featuring a Pancake breakfast courtesy of the Rotary Club of Kenner.
Coors Light / Lite Beer by Miller brand Beer, Elmer’s Chee Wees, Fruit, Krispy Kreme donuts
Event information, questions: Contact the Race Director ( Chuck George )
Results posted on our website: www.NOLArunning.com
Photo’s posted on our Facebook page link: New Orleans Running Systems
Event is owned and produced by New Orleans Running Systems Road Race Management ( NORSI )